Playing competitive soccer is a significant commitment for both the player and the parent here are a few pointers on how to maximize your child’s participation in MVLA:
- Make sure that your child arrives at practices and games on time and with the appropriate uniform and equipment.
- Often parental assistance is needed, so get involved with the team.
- Soccer is a wonderful sport, so take time to learn and enjoy the sport with your child.
- Recognize that it can be stressful to participate in a competitive league, so try to make the experience as positive as possible for your child.
- Like all endeavors, skill development comes with effort and repetition so encourage your child’s soccer training at home.
- Respect the team, coaches, referees and opponents and strive for model behavior at all times.
- Please adhere to MVLA’s Good Neighbor Policy when attending soccer practices, games and any other activities.
- Help players make healthy nutritional choices before and after the game.